AptamiR successfully completed three rounds of Angels Financing and a Series A, raising a total of $7,000,000.
AptamiR is now seeking to raise tranches of a $15-20M Series B financing while concurrently evaluating geographic licensing opportunities and strategic partnerships.
1. Upcoming AptamiR Milestones for Metabolic Indications:
Activities during the next 3 years:
Pre- Clinical Activities:
- Selection of Generation 2.5 Oligonucleotide Therapeutic (ONTs) Molecules targeting miRNA-22 and miRNA-515 in primary cultures of human adipocytes
- Efficacy studies in mouse models of DIO, T2DM and NAFLD/NASH
- Acute and chronic toxicology studies in mice and monkeys
- Submission of pre-IND and IND dossiers
- Phase 1 Clinical studies of antagomirs and agomirs in cohorts of patients with obesity, diabesity and/or MAFLD
2. Upcoming AptamiR Milestones for Ovarian Cancer Indications:
Year 1: Targets identification in silico and validation in vitro in human cell lines.
Year 2: Drug Candidates Efficacy Studies in vivo in patient-derived tumor xenograft (PDX) mouse models of Ovarian Cancer
Year 3: Toxicology Studies of Lead Candidates
Year 4: Initiation of Clinical Studies